Paul Norman Plastics Limited cares about the environment and recognises that concerns for the environment should be an integral and fundamental part of its business. The company is aware of its effect on the environment and continually seeks to balance the needs of the business with the need to protect and improve the local and global environment. The company is committed to minimising the impact of its operations on the environment by means of a programme of continuous improvement. In particular the company will:
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations and implement programs and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Seek to reduce consumption of materials in all operations, re-use rather than dispose whenever possible and promote recycling and use of recycled materials.
- Reduce wherever possible the level of harmful emissions and operate processes so as to minimise environmental impact.
- Work closely with our customers and suppliers to minimise overall impact on the environment and work co-operatively with others to further common environmental objectives.
- Include environmental issues in discussions with staff and in training programs and communicate and reinforce the policy throughout the company.
Paul Norman Plastics Limited monitors its environmental performance regularly and is pleased to detail that the following measures have been taken so far:
- Manufacturing – insulation of machine barrels to reduce heat loss.
- Timers fitted to drying ovens to ensure that they are only on when required.
- Where possible scrap material is reprocessed on site and reused.
- Where possible, second-hand cardboard boxes are used.
- Plastic reusable storage boxes are used where possible to reduce cardboard waste.
- Scrap paper is collected and shredded to produce packaging material.
- Hazardous waste is collected separately and recycled accordingly