Vacuum EjectorPart No. PNR-4R & PNR-12M
£76.00 – £143.00 Inc.VAT
There are two sizes of ejector in the range both by Bob Bransom, designed to create the most vacuum using the least amount of steam. Both provide a reliable and effective means of creating vacuum on steam locomotives for powering the brakes systems fitted to 5”, 7¼” & 10¼” gauge rolling stock.
The Ejector performance has been optimized to achieve the following:
- Create 21″ Hg. Vacuum over a normal working range between 70 – 80 p.s.i using reasonably dry saturated steam.
- The minimum boiler pressure required to create 21″ Hg. to be about 35 p.s.i.
- The ejector to maintain this level of vacuum up to 120 p.s.i.
- The rate of air ejection to be capable of exhausting a brake system appropriate to the size of the locomotive.
- Low steam consumption. The demands for steam to be as low as practicable and in proportion to the locomotives grate area.
- The air clack to remain tight over long periods without maintenance.
If a larger than optimal size ejector is fitted, this is not likely to affect performance but will result in greater steam consumption and provide higher evacuation rates.
What’s in the box?
1 x Vacuum Ejector
|Click mounting diagram below to enlarge:
Thread sizes are 5/16 – 32
Nuts and nipples for pipe soldering included
See a Schematic of the Vacuum Braking System.
Read our Buying Guide for Vacuum Brakes